Sellers have enjoyed a great five- to six-year run having the upper hand in our market, but now that conditions are shifting, those looking to list have become a little more apprehensive about making a move.
If you’re still thinking of selling, though, don’t be discouraged. Prices may be softening and inventory is definitely growing, but today I’d like to share five tips and tricks that will help you win in our market:
1. Price your home right from the start. Buyers know a bad deal when they spot one, and since they’ll be comparing your property against several others in the market, you need to make sure that your price is fair and competitive.
2. Have your home in near-perfect condition. The days of selling a home regardless of its condition are gone. Today’s buyers expect homes to be fresh, neat, and updated.
3. Don’t hesitate to adjust your price if necessary. If after 10 showings you haven’t received a single offer, it’s time to adjust your price.
4. Consider a reverse offer. Sometimes if buyers aren’t coming to you, then you should go to them. Writing a reverse offer will not only flatter a buyer, but it can also boost your chances of striking a deal.
5. Offer concessions. If you sweeten the deal by offering to pay closing costs or forgo certain contingencies, buyers may be more willing to move forward with purchasing your home.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.