The Curtin Team was started and continues to be operated by Joanne Curtin, along with husband and business partner, Tom.
Joanne started her career as an Elementary school teacher. Early into her teaching career, Joanne became curious about investing and building wealth. After reading the Rich Dad, Poor Dad series, she made the bold decision to leave her teaching post and move into the real estate business. Soon after, she joined Keller Williams with agents thinking big about their careers.
The Curtin Team began with Joanne selling houses in North Atlanta in 2001 and with husband Tom, they grew it into a team. From it’s start, the Team has over $500 million in home sales volume and 1700 clients served. Growing a real estate team grew into launching a brokerage office. Joanne and Tom earned the opportunity to co-own the Keller Williams Realty Consultants Roswell Market Center after just one year with the company. That eventually grew into a mega agent team office location in the heart of their local town.
In 2018, Joanne co-founded Curtin Team Cares, a non-profit organization, as a way to assist the community in times of need. This passion for helping her local neighborhoods drives the mission to provide local support when it’s needed most and give back in her community.
Joanne is a graduate of the University of Georgia with a Masters in Education. She continues her teaching in the real estate community. Originally from Dalton, Georgia Joanne resides with Tom, their two beautiful children and dogs Fluff and Charlie in Milton.
As the Director Of Operations, Jess oversees all the details from listing and marketing your home to the closing of your home. (read more)
Jess has been a licensed agent since 2004 and has been involved in many aspects of the industry throughout her career including residential sales, new construction, title, and rentals.
When searching to make the move from Florida to Georgia in 2012 she chose Roswell to raise her family. She enjoys spending time with her talented daughters and watching Florida State football.
Christy is a Georgia Native and grew up in Marietta. She has lived in various parts of Northern Georgia including Alpharetta and Woodstock, where she now resides with her husband and daughter.
Not new to real estate, Christy bought her first home at age 22. Christy gets real estate at a high level and as a Curtin Team client she has purchased and sold a home with the Team before joining. After working in the corporate world for almost a decade, she wanted to turn her track record of success and love for real estate into her career. Work with Christy and you’ll see why the Curtin Team trusts in her passion and dedication to helping others.
Christy loves helping clients, traveling, being outdoors, and reading, but most of all she loves spending time with her family and watching her sweet daughter grow.
Melinda brings an extensive professional background from the financial services industry. Melinda transitioned to a Real Estate sales career and first joined Keller Williams Realty in Ohio. (read more)
Her husband’s job brought her to Atlanta where she quickly grew to love southern hospitality.
Earning the respect of her clients by working tirelessly on their behalf, Melinda offers candid advice and thrives on finding buyers just the right home for the right price. Having lived in six states, Melinda understands the relocation process. Melinda brings contagious energy and enthusiasm and works to make her client’s experience easy and stress-free.
In her spare time Melinda enjoys travel and live music. She lives in a “house divided” with a son at The University of Alabama and a daughter at The Ohio State University.
After a long-term corporate career, Michelle decided to follow her passion of real estate and joined The Curtin Team as our Director Of Client Relationships. In this role, Michelle works with our clients to proactively connect Sellers with Buyers and past clients.
Whether it be reaching out to our extensive database or inviting neighbors to your open house, she makes sure that news of a Curtin Team listing is spread throughout the community. She has the ambition for getting results for our clients and meeting their needs. Michelle also helps find off market properties for Curtin Team Buyers. Her strategic thinking helps clients find the best results for their situation.
Michelle is a Georgia Native and graduated from Kennesaw State University. She now resides in East Cobb with her husband and two children. She loves to travel and spend time with her family.
Jamie Merando is our Home Stylist and has been in Real Estate since 2003. She brings her experience of working in new construction, home selections, project coordination and collaborating
with architects, developers, builders and contractors to our clients and through the Curtin Team Concierge program. After graduating from Penn State University, Jamie and her husband, Jay, moved to Roswell, Ga. Jamie, Jay and their two boys, Colby and Camden now reside in South Forsyth where they are actively involved in their church and local sports programs.
Kern Schwartz is our go to closing attorney extraordinaire!
Kern is a closing attorney with O’Kelley & Sorohan and manages their Alpharetta office.
Kern is a graduate of Vassar College and received her master’s degree from Middlebury College in Vermont. Kern worked in government relations in Washington, D.C. before returning to Georgia for law school. She is married and has three sons. She and her husband enjoy spending time with their boys and running local road races. Watch for them at your next 5k!
- Joanne Curtin – Every Home Seller benefits from Joanne’s experience. Joanne’s primary job is to insure that your home sells for the most amount of money with the least amount of hassle. She oversees the pricing strategy and promotional and marketing activities for your home.
- Listing Partner – will manage the sales process with the support of a team.
- Listing Manager – will make sure your home is properly marketed, gather feedback after showings and report back to you on a regular basis. You’ll always have a go-to person available when you need questions answered.
- Home Stylists – As part of Joanne’s customer service, your Home Stylist will have an initial consultation and with your budget in mind, devise a plan to make a home as attractive as possible to potential buyers and to capture the essence of the home in photos used for marketing the property.
- Operating Partner – oversees Marketing, Administration and Sales to insure you are receiving the most exposure and highest level of service.
- Buyer Team– licensed Realtors who are dedicated to finding a Buyer for your home. The Buyer Team will pre-qualify unrepresented Buyers and show (qualified) Buyers your property.
- Operations – Behind the scenes our Operations team watches all the details so your home sale marketing has the most impact, hits all the right places at the right time and details are handled to insure a smooth closing.
- Transaction Manager – there are a lot of details to coordinate from the time you go under contract to your successful closing. That’s why we have a dedicate Transaction Manager to watch all those details and make your life easier through the process.